Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Turn to the brain injury specialists at Adventist HealthCare Rehabilitation for expert care and support so you can focus on healing.
Best Results for Patients
Benefit from a program that helps you recover and meet your goals more quickly than most hospitals in the U.S. Our patient outcomes [PDF], including satisfaction with care, are higher than the national average.
Thanks to our focus on your safety and well-being, our brain injury program holds accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Types of Brain Injuries
Get specialized care for:
- Non-traumatic brain injuries – Internal traumas, such as a tumor, blood clot, seizure or infection
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), including concussions – Injuries caused by force from a car accident, fall, sports injury, workplace accident or other event
Specialized Care for Concussions
After a bump, blow or jolt to the head, the Concussion Clinic at Adventist HealthCare Rehabilitation in Rockville, Md., can help you feel better sooner and improve your long-term health. Your doctors will examine your condition and symptoms. Then, you and your doctor will create a treatment plan that works for you.
Ask your primary care provider for a referral to the Concussion Clinic or call 240-864-6007 to schedule an appointment.
Count on your doctors to:
- Check your physical, emotional, behavioral, spiritual and cognitive (thinking) health
- Connect you with supportive services, including brain injury support groups and our Peer Visitor Program
- Get to know you and your recovery goals
- Give education about making your home a safe, accessible place for recovery and preventing future head injuries
- Help you develop a treatment plan that includes neurological rehabilitation and other types of therapy
- Provide guidance and support to you and your family
Your Care Team
In addition to rehabilitation specialists, you may get care from:
- Board-certified doctor with advanced training to treat TBIs
- Certified brain injury specialists
- Certified rehabilitation registered nurses
Rely on your providers to talk to each other, check-in with you and adjust your treatment plan as needed.