Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation
After a spinal cord injury, choose Adventist HealthCare for rehabilitation and ongoing care to live your fullest life.
Among the Top Programs in the Nation
Rest assured you’ll get superior treatment because our patients have better outcomes [PDF] than those at other hospitals in the U.S. That means you’ll see more improvement, meet your goals more quickly and have higher satisfaction with your care.
Expect care that meets high standards for quality and safety because our program holds accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Types of Spine Injuries
Find specialized services for:
- Complications or recovery after spine surgery
- Non-traumatic spinal cord injuries caused by tumors, infections or other conditions
- Traumatic spinal cord injuries, which can happen after a fall or accident
Reach your potential with care from a board-certified spinal cord injury doctor. Your rehabilitation plan will be personalized to you and may include:
- Education to prevent falls, stay safe and avoid complications
- Mobility services like wheelchair seating
- Neurological rehabilitation, including daily skills training, cognitive training and other types of rehabilitation services
- Supportive services, including mental health care, spiritual care, spinal cord injury support groups and our Peer Visitor Program
Your Care Team
You’ll be the focus of a multidisciplinary team that includes:
- Board-certified doctor of physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R)
- Experts on staff who research and teach spinal cord rehabilitation
- Therapists and nurses with specialty certifications in rehabilitation
- Staff trained in spinal cord injury therapy