Dizziness & Balance Care
Partner with the physical therapists at Adventist HealthCare Rehabilitation to find relief from dizziness and vertigo, regain your balance and avoid falls.
Conditions We Treat
At Adventist HealthCare Rehabilitation, you can get care for a wide range of conditions, including:
Specialized Care for Vertigo
Vertigo is dizziness that happens when an injury or neurological condition affects the part of the brain that controls balance. If you’re diagnosed with vertigo, talk to your doctor about:
- How to stay safe and avoid falls
- Symptom prevention
- Treatment options
What to Expect
At your first appointment, your doctor will:
- Ask about your symptoms
- Check your balance and posture
- Evaluate your strength, muscle tone, range of motion and sensation
- Measure your eye movements when your head is in different positions
There are many potential causes of symptoms like dizziness, balance problems and lightheadedness. Rely on our therapists to diagnose the problem so that you can get the best possible treatment.
What’s Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy (VRT)?
Feel steadier after you take part in our VRT program. VRT is a series of guided exercises that can help improve dizziness and other symptoms.
Services & Treatments
You may also benefit from:
- Balance training – Increases eye-muscle coordination
- Epley and Semont maneuvers, or canalith repositioning treatment – Moves your head in a series of positions to treat BPPV
- Dynavision™ technology – Tests and improves eye-hand coordination and peripheral vision
- Gaze stabilization exercises – Relieve dizziness by improving your vision when your head moves
- Neurocom SMART Equitest® – Measures your ability to keep your balance
- Frenzel goggles – Check your vision and help diagnose balance problems
- Vestibular adaptation – Helps your brain adjust to certain movements or positions to stop dizziness
- Vision exercises – Improve eye alignment and focusing
Work with your doctor to set goals and create a rehabilitation plan that works for you. Depend on us to talk to you and your loved ones about taking care of yourself at home.