Sports Injury Rehabilitation
After an injury or surgery, partner with the sports rehabilitation experts at Adventist HealthCare. Benefit from advanced treatments so you can heal and get back to your most active self.
Sports Injuries & Conditions
Turn to therapists who specialize in treating problems that affect the bones, joints, ligaments, muscles and tendons. Get care for:
- Back and neck pain
- Broken bones (fractures)
- Dislocated joints, when a bone slips out from a joint
- Herniated, or slipped, discs in the spine
- Knee problems, such as a torn meniscus or anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury
- Overuse injuries, like shin splints, tennis elbow and tendonitis (painful swelling of a tendon)
- Rotator cuff tear, a tendon rip in a shoulder muscle
- Sciatica, pain or numbness in the lower back and legs
- Sprains and strains, which can cause pain and swelling
Rehabilitation After Orthopedic Surgery
Your doctor may recommend sports rehabilitation to help you heal and safely return to your active lifestyle after an orthopedic procedure.
Sports Medicine Rehabilitation
Your treatment plan will be personalized to your needs and goals. After a free injury screening and/or functional movement test to check your condition, your providers may recommend:
- AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® Therapy – Supports your body weight during rehabilitation so you can regain strength and heal faster
- Dry needling – Places a needle through the skin to treat muscle pain
- Kinesio® taping – Relieves pain and supports muscles with elastic cotton tape
- Manual therapy – Uses hands-on techniques and exercises to help part of the body work better
- McConnell taping – Protects and holds a painful kneecap in place with tape
- Other rehabilitation services, including physical and occupational therapy
Choose Adventist HealthCare for sport-specific training. Whether you’re a professional athlete or weekend warrior, our guidance can help you exercise safely and prevent injuries.
Care for Student Athletes
You’ll see us working with coaches, trainers and parents to help students at public high schools in Montgomery County play sports at their highest level.
Baseline Concussion Tests
Trust the healthcare providers at Adventist HealthCare to talk to you and your child about preventing head injuries. Take advantage of baseline cognitive testing before your child’s sports season starts.
Baseline testing checks your child’s thinking skills, including his or her ability to solve problems, learn, memorize and focus during an hour-long exam. If your child later has head trauma, he or she will take the test again. Your child’s doctor will compare the results of the tests to check how severe the injury is and measure how your child heals during treatment.
Testing at High Schools in Maryland
Contact the athletic director at your child’s school to schedule a free baseline concussion test if your child attends:
- Albert Einstein High School
- Clarksburg High School
- John F. Kennedy High School
- Northwest High School
- Paint Branch High School
- Poolesville High School
- Richard Montgomery High School
- Rockville High School
- Springbrook High School
- Thomas S. Wootton High School
- Watkins Mill High School
- Wheaton High School
- Winston Churchill High School