Minimally Invasive & Robotic Surgery
Count on your Adventist HealthCare surgical team to use minimally invasive and robotic-assisted techniques whenever possible, so you get the best results.
Types of Minimally Invasive Procedures
Instead of using one large incision, your surgeon may do:
- Laparoscopic surgery, which uses one or more small incisions
- Endoscopic surgery, where no incisions are needed
Benefits of Laparoscopy & Endoscopy
You may have:
- Faster recovery time and shorter hospital stay
- Less pain and scarring
- Less risk of complications, such as infection
Ask your doctor if your procedure uses minimally invasive techniques.
Da Vinci Robotic Surgery
Depending on the procedure, your doctor may use the da Vinci® surgical robot. This technology uses tiny incisions and miniature tools that copy your surgeon’s hand, wrist and finger movements in real time more steadily than human hands can.
Conditions We Treat
Your care team may recommend robotic surgery to treat:
- Heart conditions, such as mitral valve regurgitation, aortic valve stenosis and atrial fibrillation.
- Certain types of cancer, including bladder, gynecologic, kidney, pancreatic and prostate cancer
- Female reproductive concerns, such as endometriosis or uterine fibroids
- Gallbladder problems
- Orthopedic conditions, including hip, knee and shoulder joint damage caused by arthritis
- Urological issues, including pelvic floor problems
Your surgeons have advanced education and years of experience performing procedures that use specialized techniques.
Prepare for Your Surgery
Count on your providers to explain what to expect before, during and after your surgery.