Adventist HealthCare Urgent Care's Laurel, MD location provides all necessary medical services to fulfill immigration exam requirements for US citizenship applicants of all ages. Physicals are by appointment only.
Who should get one?
All immigrants, refugees, certain nonimmigrants, including fiancés, coming into the United States must have a physical and mental examination abroad by a Panel Physician. Those who are applying for adjustment of status to a permanent resident of the United States must have a physical and mental examination in the United States by a Civil Surgeon.
Are Immigration Physicals Required?
Medical examinations are required by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to obtain a US green card or US citizenship. Only doctors designated by the USCIS as civil surgeons can complete an immigration exam.
What's Included in the Exam
An immigration physical consists of:
- Physical and mental health exam
- Review of all medical records
- Comprehensive medical history review
- Vaccinations and status verifications
- Chest X-ray if needed
- Confirmatory vaccine titer blood test, QFT, vaccine administration available at additional cost
Additional Services Available
Additional services available at the time of your immigration physical include:
- Chest X-ray
- Gonorrhea testing
- RPR (syphilis test)
- TB testing-QFT
- TDAP vaccination
- MMR vaccine
- Hep A and Hep B vaccines
- Varicella vaccine
- Influenza (October to March 30)
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- Completed Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (View Instructions)
- Government issued ID, such as:
- Driver’s license (preferred)
- Valid passport
- Birth certificate with English translation
- An affidavit
- Vaccination record with English translation as needed
- Alien registration number
- Prior hospital or clinic records – proof of prior treatment for tuberculosis or other infectious disease
- Prior chest x-rays or other diagnostic test results
- Any mental health records
- Payment (cash, debit or credit card only)