Your First Appointment
Learn what to expect at your first visit for wound care at Adventist HealthCare.
What to Bring
Take your insurance card and an ID, such as your driver’s license. You may also want to bring:
- List of your current medications
- List of questions for your care team
- Notes from your primary care provider
- Results of any medical tests you’ve had recently
- Loved one for support
When you arrive at the wound care center, you’ll check in and sign consent forms.
During Your Appointment
Your first appointment may last between 75 minutes and two hours. Your care team will:
- Learn about your health history
- Examine the wound, ask questions and, if not known, diagnose its cause
- Check how well the wound is healing
- Talk about treatment options
- Answer your questions and provide support
Your provider may measure the wound, photograph it or take a small sample for testing.
Your Care Plan
Your doctor will work closely with you to create a treatment plan that works for you. Your plan may include:
Trust that we’ll connect with other members of your health care team, such as your primary care provider or other specialists, so you benefit from coordinated, compassionate care.